- Pack tightly and efficiently to make the most of your storage area
- Most couches should be stored on end
- Label all boxes on all sides for easy recognition
- Protect mattresses and furniture with padding and covers
- Wrap mirrors and pictures with paper padding or use mirror boxes. Don’t store flat.
- Store valuables such as electronic equipment toward the rear of the unit
- Items you may need more often, store at the front
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors slightly open and make use of this storage space inside. Be sure to clean before storing.
- Make a plan where you want to place your goods before you store.